This discomfort can ruin your day. In fact, its a very awkward and annoying feeling.
There are many causes of this problem that could be water retention, bad circulation, pregnancy, contraceptive pill, hot weather, hormones, some medications and more.
I don't think that we can get completely rid of this problem but at least reduce the symptoms.
Sometimes it may be a serious problem so better to see your doctor otherwise lets have a look at those tricks below.
- Drink water! At least 1,5l a day - although it may sound absurds and contradictory, drinking water will help your retention problem
- Try to not stay in the same position for too long
- Avoid crossing legs when sitting
- Eat bananas (rich in potassium)
- Go for proteins
- Drink green tea
- Reduce your caffeine intake
- Cut back sodium
- Whenever you can, bring up your feet and legs
- Exercise (at least 20min a day)
- Eat healthy (a lot of vegetables) grains and other high fibre food
- It can be a lactose intolerance so drop cow milk for rice, soya or almond milk (i have created a post about this)
- Moderate fruits intake
- Breathe properly
- Too much fibre (cereals etc may be hard to digest)